Vialista Digital Skills Academy
The Challenge: Despite industrial growth in the Vyasarpadi region of Chennai, the local community still grapples with high school drop-out rates, a lack of skilled workforce, and limited access to quality education and employment.
Our Solution: Partnering with the Praise Foundation and KAPSAN Consultants, we’re launching a 9-month Digital Literacy Program targeting high school dropouts and young adults aged 15-23 in Vyasarpadi. This program aims to bridge the technological gap by providing them with university-certified computer courses and employment pathway support.
- Computer training includes Microsoft Office, basic accounting and data-management skills, web-design, and visual content creation.
- Job search assistance, including CV and cover letter writing, plus mock interviews.
- Job acquisition pipelines with businesses in the Chennai area to ensure suitable employment for graduates
- Sustainable eco-friendly methods to manage the computer center.
- Initially educating a cohort of 20 students with access to 10 computers.
- Established job acquisition pipelines for program graduates.
- Potential to impact over 12,000 lives within a decade through scaling.